Grammar is referred to as a list of rules that cover the composition of words, phrases, and sentences in a language, it also refers to the study of these rules. The English language can be hard to grasp. Learning all the ins and outs of English grammar can be complicated whether English is your first language or not. The following resources include guides and other information to help with grammar usage.
- Grammar & Writing – A guide to grammar and writing including information on paragraphs, word and sentence level, essays, and more.
- Grammar & Style – A guide to grammar and writing style including a great section on how to get a good grade on an English paper.
- Grammar Resources – A great collection of grammar and writing resources including guides on usage and more.
- Grammar & Punctuation – A free online book featuring information on correct grammar and punctuation.
- Common Errors – A list of some of the most commonly made grammar errors in English.
- 10 Most Common Errors – A list of ten of the most common grammar errors and how to avoid making them.
- Grammar Errors – A guide to English language errors with information promoting the proper use of English, written and spoken.
- Common Mistake Checklist – A list of some of the most common grammar mistakes which occur in student papers.
Thesaurus & Dictionaries
- Thesaurus – An online thesaurus for finding synonyms and antonyms for words.
- Visual Thesaurus – An online thesaurus that allows users to explore words using an interactive map.
- Roget’s Thesaurus – The newest online version of Roget’s Thesaurus.
- Merriam-Webster – The website of Merriam-Webster dictionaries, includes a dictionary, word games, and word of the day.
- Dictionary – The website of the largest free dictionary online.
- Grammar Myths – Information on some of the most common grammar myths, including writing tips and resources.
- 10 Grammar Myths – A list of the top ten grammar myths with explanations for why each myth isn’t true.
- Writing Myths – Information on eleven different myths and superstitions involving writing and grammar.
- Style Guides – A list of resources for some of the most common style guides including APA style.
- APA Format – Some general guidelines for writing in the APA (American Psychological Association) format.
- Grammar Guide – A list of resources featuring factual information on grammar usage and style.
- ESL – An ESL website with grammar, vocabulary, quizzes, writing, pronunciation, reading, business English, and other information.
- ESL Activities – A list of activities for ESL students including quizzes, crossword puzzles, and more.
- ESL Podcast – An English as a second language podcast with a learning guide, testimonials, a blog, and more.